Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 10

Day 10 is the one we've been waiting for, the big "We can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes."

Now, if you're like me, there are some rooms which you can pretty much take care of in 15 minutes, and some rooms which 15 minutes would barely scratch the surface. So when you set out be realistic with yourself. If your file cabinet is a 2 hour project, then just make the 15 minutes dedicated to sorting 4 or 5 files.


So how this works is you decide what you're going to do, set the timer for 15 minutes, and then just do that activity for the 15 minutes. During that 15 minutes we are only doing that activity, and if we're not done when the timer goes off, it's ok. We've made a dent, and probably a significant one.

On the side bar you can see some of my 15 minute before and afters. I purposely started with my bedroom and the guest bathroom because I knew I could totally put those two rooms in the Win column in 15-20 minutes. I think it is really important for us to choose the right size project for this first 15 min adventure, because we want to give ourselves some really good positive reinforcement. I do not think it is cheating at all to clean the cleanest room.

No comments: