Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 17

Today we are setting ourselves a bed time.

This gives us "permission" to think about ourselves a little bit. We need rest and down time and it is not selfish at all to say, this is not an emergency and can wait until tomorrow, I'm tired and I need to rest to do a good job at this. Of course there are going to be some things that do need to be handled right away, but unless someone is bleeding, starving, or actually sick, most things can wait until you have had a chance to rest.

I already have a weekday bedtime for myself of around 11:30, but I don't have to be awake until 7. If I had to be awake earlier I would have to go to bed earlier, I can really tell when I haven't had enough sleep, and everyone around me can tell too. I know some people don't need as much sleep, but think of it as a time when you turn off the TV/computer/other demands and just recharge and reconnect with yourself.

No comments: