Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 20

Today we're adding laundry into our routines.

I have been working on adding laundry into my daily routine for about 2 years. It works off and on, but I definitely see a huge improvement in my general housekeeping satisfaction when I am able to do laundry daily. I really hate to fold and put away the clothes, so if there is a huge amount of it to do, I don't want to finish the job. I'll fold everything and leave it in nice piles on the couch in the middle of the living room. Or piled up on top of the dresser. Or piled up on the chair. Pretty much anywhere but in the closet or in the drawers.

When I do a load of laundry every day, or every couple of days, the amount of clothes that need to be put away is more manageable. And as a bonus, there is always room in the hampers to put the clothes so dirty clothes have no excuse for being piled up instead of being in the hamper. Plus, in the summer time I like to hang dry a lot of the clothes, and if only one load of clothes needs to be dried there is actually enough room in the bathroom to do it.

No comments: