Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Seeking Household Harmony

One of my big reasons for making this change is to find a place where I can feel that the burden for keeping the house going is shared evenly between the Hubster and myself. We have a pretty common situation, he doesn't initiate many cleaning projects on his own, and I don't like to bother him so I do more than I think I should have to and then I feel resentful. And that's completely not fair because he would have helped if I had only asked him to. Then there is the whole "I shouldn't have to ask!" thing I need to work on. But he has consistently done what I've asked him to, so I need to fix myself and see that, hey it actually is a lot better to "have" to ask for help than to do everything by myself.

I think going through the process of decluttering our lifestyle and streamlining our household processes will make it so that we both have maximum free time. Which would be awesome.

No comments: